SoundStock Academy (SSA) is a 6-month artist development program that focuses on equipping 2 youth with the knowledge and resources necessary to become professional recording artists. SSA will provide an open, innovative, and collaborative environment that will support artists in exploring both creative and economic opportunities within the music business. SSA will connect artists to industry mentors, provide weekly access to recording studio facilities, as well as develop marketing strategies to help each artist improve brand awareness. With an equal amount of emphasis placed on the creative and business aspects of artist development, participants will graduate from the program feeling confident in their abilities to maneuver within Toronto’s music industry.
What do we have to offer?
- 3-hours of studio time per week
- Access to highly skilled music producers and sound engineers
- Fully produced 3-6 song EP
- Free mixing and mastering
- A fully designed marketing plan
- Paid live performance opportunities
- On-going advice from industry mentors.
- Youth between the ages of 14-29
- A current artist making music in Toronto
- Willing to travel to Scarborough for recording purposes
Applications have closed as of March 9th, 2018. For more information about SSA, email email@example.com